Haiti Projects empowers women! Every purchase you make employs female artisans in rural Haiti at Fair Trade wages and helps lift them from poverty
These stunning products stand up to the most demanding international standards and each purchase makes a difference. For the past 20 years, every item sold supports the employment over 80 artisan woman. Two generations of children have been fed and educated as a result of the work and talent of their mothers and grandmothers. Buy Haiti Projects Inc. today and empower a woman!
Just some facts about us:
- Haiti Projects is Fair Trade certified. We pay the women 3x the minimum wage in Haiti.
- Every women has her own bank account and attends financial literacy programming.
- Our women design, embroider, sew, wash, package and ship.
- Skill levels vary from simple embroidery to the intricate, detailed passé plat stitch that you will find in our butterfly and tulip nightgowns.
- 100% of our workers can afford to feed, clothe and educate their children. We are proud of this transformation that we have been able to foster.
- We provide access to women's health care services through our women's clinic
- We host a variety of educational programs for the entire community through our community library.
- 100% of the sales go directly back into funding the Artisanat to continue to employ the women.
To find out more about our other projects visit www.haitiprojects.org